There are various ways to classify a Niche. Lets look at some.
Based on Content Publish Frequency
A Niche can grouped in three types based on content frequency required.
- Static – Once written content is seldom updated. This can be examples of book or guide that are written once and are updated rarely.
- Dynamic – The niche require you publish content or update your services more than few times a week. These would represent how blogs would work.
- Highly Dynamic – The niche require you publish content or update your services more than few times a day. These niches would represent news and other things the need to be covered quickly as they come.<!>
Based on Content Pages
A Niche can grouped in three types based how many content pages are required to generate significant traffic.
- Huge – 25,000 pages or more.
- Large – 5,000 to 25,000 pages or more.
- Medium – 2,000 to 5,000 pages or more.
- Small – 200 to 2,000 pages or more.
Based on Profitability
A Niche can grouped in three types based how much revenue can be genrated per user activity, say use buy an item via affiliate program or user clicking on a paid advertistement etc.
- High – 5$ or more per click.
- Medium – 2 to 5$ per click.
- Low – 50cents to 2$ per click.
- Ultra Low – 0 to 50cents per click.
One thing to keep in mind, the amount of pages, quality of content and demand for that niche are very important factors that would determine the overall traffic to your site. Then you mutliply your traffic with the profitability factor and that would your total earning potential.