PDFBox is a Java library which allows to create and manipulate PDF files. It also supports the extraction of content from PDF documents as well.
This project also includes a number of command line utilities for the encrypting, decrypting, text extraction, PDF to Image, Printing PDF and conversion of text files to PDF files. FontBox is a component of PDFBox which allows low level font data to be extracted from font files. Although developed as part of PDFBox, it is an independent library.
The following are features of PDF Box:
- PDF to text extraction
- Merge PDF Documents
- PDF Document Encryption/Decryption
- Lucene Search Engine Integration
- Fill in form data FDF and XFDF
- Create a PDF from a text file
- Create images from PDF pages
- Print a PDF
Go to PDFBox Project