Offshore Development has its own challenges that must be dealt with in order to be successful in an outsourcing initiative. The offshore development lead is the interface between On site and Offshore development teams. This is a vital role with comes up with the following responsibilities.
- Provide status reporting of team activities against the plan or schedule, inform task accomplishment, issues and status. For this, the lead interacts/interlocks with identified onsite offshore technical leads for each deliverable. The technical lead of respective deliverable is completely responsible for development + integration of the deliverable, works with his/her sub-team to ensure successful completion of the deliverable.
- Ensure deliverable are prepared to satisfy the project requirements, schedule.
- Coordinate and track the reviews, documentation, test activities.
- Serve as a focal point to communicate and resolve interface and integration issues with other teams.
- Escalate issues which cannot be resolved by the team.
- Coordinates meetings with the functional management to discuss project impediments, needed resources or issues/delays in completing the task.
- Coach and help develop team members, assure that the team members have the necessary education and training to effectively participate on the team.
- Facilitate problem solving and collaboration.
- Coordinate with internal and external teams (on site/offshore) as necessary.
- Establish meeting times, places and agendas, Ensure discussions and decisions lead to closure.