Salesforce provides SOAP services provides two different WSDL specs name Enterprise and Partner to access the data remotely.
The following shows the comparison of the two different formats.
* Is strongly typed, the object and its attributes are fixed.
* Contains the metadata about all standard and custom fields and objects.
* Can only be used against your Salesforce instance.
* Is loosely typed, the object and its attributes can be variable.
* Takes an array of key-value pairs.
* Does not contain metadata about objects and fields.
* Can be used against many Salesforce.com organizations.